- Neal is so not dead
- I like that Bae ended up going to Neverland. I mean, really like it. And it makes sense that he should hit a different time-period on his first go through, since time seems to run parallel between Our World and FTL. I wonder how old this means Neal really is - presumably, he spend 200+ years in Neverland, before returning to Our World somehow and finally growing up, meeting Emma, knocking her up and breaking the curse?
- Do you ever ponder the fact that Rumpel's way to break the cause was basically to ensure that two people would be having sex? Or, four, technically, if you count Henry as part of it, but I'm guessing the main goal was just to 'produce' Emma. He needed strong magic. Emma was the strongest kind.
- Aka, Rumpel had a vision that Charming and Snow needed to do it
- (I'm so fucking mature)
- I could really not at all care about Greg and Tamara (who, after I saw a post on tumblr, shall from now on be named Team Rocket. Thank-you for the hilarity, internet). But I'm kind of happy that we know have their operative goal? And I do like them much better as 'anti-magic' terrorists, than what I had expected, which is some kind of complicated plot or them wanting magic for themselves etc. Recognizing the potential threat magic is and actively fighting it, makes more sense - especially for Greg, who had such a negative experience from a very young life
- I'd make a comparison between Bae and Greg here, bad magic and father's and role-reversal's when it comes to who's trying to find who, but I still don't care enough for Greg's storyline to actually do it. I think they butchered Bae's a lot as well - Neal's confrontation of his father this episode would have had a much bigger impact on me, had they actually been allowed to interact more in the previous episodes. But no, we had to focus on more craziness and weird thrown-in-last-minute plots instead.
- And Greg's dad is dead. Hm. No surprise here, tbh.
- WENDY. How perfect was that girl for the part? And the dog! NANNA WAS THERE! And mini!Bae, who I am so glad we got to see more of. That kid can act, let me tell you that. And I'm excited for him meeting Hook, a little bit? It was fairly easy to guess, considering Neal being able to sail the Jolly Roger earlier and mentioning he had been on a ship etc. Ohgod, I just remembered Emma's: 'where would we go, Neverland?'-line in Tallahassee. Neal must have thought 'OMG FLORIDA, PLEASE LET'S GO TO THERE INSTEAD. NOT NEVERLAND!! Oh wait, she's joking, she doesn't know'
- The Shadow (Peter Pan?) was really fucking creepy though. I had to go turn on the lights in my room when watching. And the sun was still up outside. Whelp.
- Robert Carlyle continues to have extreme chemistry with everyone. He has chemistry with Emilie (both as Belle and Lacey - I actually really like Lacey, as in, I hope they go places with this character and explore Belle/Lacey as a more independent person like in 'The Outsider', and we get to see her as more than just the woman who saved Rum and are currently in some kind of pseudo-weird relationship with him that mainly involves alcohol and beating people up and now magic). He has chemistry with Lana. With Jennifer. He has chemistry with a goddamn necklace, for crying out loud.
- Said necklace is the one Belle dreamed about in 2.04, isn't it? Oh, boy. Here comes the feelings.
- Okay, the parallels between Neal falling through the portal as a child and through it as an adult was a bit too much. And I mean that in the 'holy fuck, show, I knew you could deliver, THANK-YOU'-way. I don't even care that much for the Emma/Neal storyline at this point, but the performance here felt so honest and open and desperate, and tied so closely together with everything else that's been happening and... I still don't like S2 even half as much as I like S1, but sometimes these glimpses of what I love so much about this show shines through, and that's enough to keep me watching.
- Even if I don't believe he's dead; Neal :( and Emma :( :( and Henry!!! :( :( ( :( can that kid catch a break, for maybe five minutes?
- Oh my god, what's going to happen when Rum finds out? It's certainly not going to stop him from hurting Henry! Which I'm really scared he's going to do! Because that would be crossing a line I'm not sure he could ever go back from. Ever.
- I want Lacey's hair. Now. On another note, I really miss Emma's curls. Why is her hair so straight this season? Curls!!
- Kind of apprehensive about the season finale, because HOW and WHAT, but also at least more excited than I thought I would be. And I am going to miss watching this. With all the hiatuses, this season has been running for quite a long bit, and it's going to be weird having to wait between seasons when I didn't have to do that the last time, having joined the band-wagon right when S2 started airing.
- Wishlist for S3:
1. No-one hurts Henry!!!!!!!!!
2. Neal comes back? And is awesome or something?
3. Maleficent starts haunting Regina for being a jerk-friend
4. We get to see Aurora and Mulan (and possibly Phillip) because what the hell?????
5. King George vs Charming SMACKDOWN. You know you want it
6. Wizard of Oz, I repeat, Wizard of Oz!!! I want Toto and the Wicked Witch, and I want them now!
7. the Little Mermaid? Please? I just want some more H.C. Andersen, please.
Anything you really want to see for the next season? (or for the next episode? If we don't get to see more of Neverland I will SMACK SOMEONE, or just possibly sit in front of the screen and glare for a while)